Terms & Conditions
Here are the tedious but needed small prints
We must receive payment of the whole of the price for the products that you order before your order can be accepted. Once payment has been received by us we will confirm that your order has been accepted by sending an email to you at the email address you provide in your order form. Our acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between us. For business or corporate purchasers with orders of over £500 net of VAT, we may, at our discretion, allow such customers to make payment after receiving an invoice from us. This is subject to satisfactory credit references.
You are not permitted to sell and must not offer for sale or re-sell any of our products.
Artisan du chocolat reserves the right to cancel the contract between us if:
- we have insufficient stock to deliver the products you have ordered. If this is the case, we will contact you to advise of an availability date or to offer you a substitute product
- one or more of the products you ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error.
- If we do cancel your contract we will notify you by e-mail and will re-credit to your account any sum deducted by us from your credit card as soon as possible but in any event within 30 days of your order. If you are a business or corporate purchaser but have not paid by credit card you will be refunded by cheque as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order. We will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered.
The prices payable for products that you order are as set out in our website. These prices may vary.
You will be required to pay extra for delivery. Our delivery charges are set out during the order process.
We will deliver the products ordered by you to the address you give us for delivery at the time you make your order. It is, however, your responsibility to provide us with accurate delivery address details. We will not check or verify addresses and messages supplied by you.
You will become the owner of the products you have ordered when they have been delivered to you. Once products have been delivered to you they will be held at your own risk and we will not be liable for their loss or destruction.
If you wish to specify a delivery date then please send you request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must observe and comply with all applicable regulations and legislation, including obtaining all necessary customs, import or other permits to purchase products from our site. The importation or exportation of certain products to you may be prohibited by certain national laws. We make no representation and accept no liability in respect of the export or import of the products you purchase.
We cannot be held responsible for heat damage to products and/or packaging in transit.
If the products we deliver are not what you ordered or are damaged or defective or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, or if you do not receive the products ordered, we shall have no liability to you other than as set out below. Any complaint must be reported to us within 7 days of delivery. If you notify a problem to us under this clause, our only obligation will be:
- to make good any shortage or non-delivery
- to supply and deliver substitute products if your original choice cannot be delivered for any reason
- to replace any products that are damaged or defective or
- to refund to you the amount paid by you for the products in question in whatever way we choose.
Save as precluded by law, we will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss, damage or expenses (including loss of profits, business or goodwill) howsoever arising out of any problem you notify to us under this condition and we shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the products in question under clause above.
Artisan du chocolat excludes all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party in connection with this website in any way or in connection with the use, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing this website or your downloading of any material from this website or any websites linked to this website.
Artisan du chocolat tries to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and complete but will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this website.
The content of this website is protected by copyright, trademarks, database right and other intellectual property rights. You may not reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or content on this website without written permission from a director of Artisan du Chocolat.
Use of our site
This website is meant to be used for personal Ecommerce and information. You may not use it for any of the following purposes:
- disseminating any unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable material or otherwise breaching any laws
- transmitting material that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offence, or otherwise breaches any applicable laws, regulations or codes of practice
- interfering with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the website or
- making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of materials protected by copyright or other intellectual property right without the proper permission
- placing any material on this website that belongs to anyone other than yourself without the prior written consent of the owner.
You grant Artisan du chocolat and others authorised us the unrestricted right to use reproduce, distribute and translate and edit any material you place on the website. You will be responsible for our losses and costs resulting from your breach of this clause.
Our right to suspend or cancel your registration
We may suspend or cancel your registration immediately at our reasonable discretion or if you breach any of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.The suspension or cancellation of your registration and your right to use this website shall not affect either party’s statutory rights or liabilities.
Events beyond our control
We shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver products you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to products delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation to, strikes, lock-outs and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion or accident.
If any part of these Terms and Conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
The contract between us shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and the English courts shall have jurisdiction to resolve any disputes between us.
If you have actually read these terms and conditions fully, well done you now deserve a chocolate break!